Friday 24 February 2012

Taking my own advice

I recently  took my own advice.
Having sent an article on spec to Standpoint magazine,  which rejected it, I made myself boldly offer another. It  was accepted and appears this month.  http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/counterpoints-march-12-no-more-shrinking-jessica-mann-feminism-equal-rights
Meanwhile, with (believe me!) uncharacteristic bravado, I posted off the first piece to The Oldie, which asked me to cut it to half the length, and printed it as the monthly “rant.”
The Standpoint article  is on a subject we have been discussing here, ie the male-female imbalance  in print. I suggest that women writers or women who aspire to anything else, shouldn’t treat rejection as a permanent state, and mustn’t let themselves be discouraged. .
Question: Why?
Answer: see above.

No comments:

Post a Comment